Friday, April 17, 2009

Hope Evelyn Jones ~Born April 7, 2009~


On April 7th, 2009, I went into labor. I started having contractions around 2:00am, and finally went into the hospital at 11:00am. Around 2:00pm I had dialated to 3 centimeters, and the nurse declared me in labor. My doctor however, was out of town, and no other doctor in the hospital was willing to let me give birth naturally after having a c-section with Marin. They did offer to transfer me to a different hospital, but I didn't want to do that. After thinking about it, I decided it would be best to have the c-section, rather than trying to convince a doctor who wasn't comfortable performing a v-back to allow me to have the baby natural.




Rich is a wonderful partner and husband, he held my hand through it all. Mom was also able to be in the delivery room, which was wonderful because they wouldn't allow her to be with Marin. She's why we have such good pictures.


So here we are back in the delivery room. Praise the Lord, He does things for a reason. I went into labor while my doctor was out of town because I was meant to have a c-section. My uterine wall was too thinned out from having a c-section only 11 months ago, that if I would have given birth naturally it would have ruptured, causing great harm to both me and the baby. Also, the umbilical cord was wrapped around the babies neck twice, and she would have choked to death. She here is baby Hope, along with her proud Mama and Papa, and her wonderful Katie 'Ma! God definitely blessed us today.


This is little miss Hope Evelyn Jones. Rich named her "Hope" because we found out we were pregnant with her on our trip down to Florida when we decided to move to Alachua. She represented a new "Hope" for us; a new life down in Alachua Florida. I named her Evelyn after my Nanny. My Nanny was a great encouragement to me during this pregnancy, and she really means a lot to me. I pray that Hope Evelyn Jones will take after her Nanny who is a very patient, and kind woman.





After Hope was born they took her to get cleaned off, and had to sew me up. So rich went with her. They weighed and measured her at 7lbs 3oz and 20in long. She was perfect.




Then when the doctors were done with both of us, Rich brought her to me and I really got to hold her for the 1st time. She was so precious and small.




So here she is bright-eyed and bushy headed I should say, and finally with her family.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome, what a beautiful baby! Can't wait to meet her!
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete